Re: Motorola home control

"jibberjabber" <none@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Ok, that looks doable without too much trouble.  I'm using BASCOM...sooo
>easy

Agreed. I think there are some examples in the app notes on the BASCOM site
that will be helpful even though they are for IR - techniques are basically
the same. It all depends on the protocol Motorola uses.

Although I'm now using PICs, I just measure pulsewidths until I get a start
pulse and then capture the pulsetrain and decode it.

>The only reason I looked at Motorola is that I really like the design of
>their wireless motion detector.  What's the most reliable and powerful
>(hopefully they're not mutually exclusive) wireless X10 motion detector
>these days. I have a DM10A but what a huge beast it is.  I only want to use
>them for "I'M HOME" determination.

I like the X-10 MS10A security motion detector but it is also quite large.
X-10 uses 310MHz so you'd need a different RF receiver and still have to
build your own detector since it only talks to their security bases. The
smaller X-10 *Eyes haven't been very reliable.

>jj,
>Do we have some nice weather this week or what!

It's certainly welcome after the earlier heatwave.