Re: help with x10 protocol - one other thing

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:17:43 +0000, Charles Sullivan wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:28:04 +0200, JL wrote:
>
>>> I need some help with the x10 protocol, I'm writing an
>>> application and I want it to communicate with my CM11 module.
>>>
>>> I have sent the command to my module and I get responses but I'm
>>> not really sure if the responses I get are correct.
>>>
>>> I would really appreciate if someone could send me some kind of
>>> log containing communications with a cm11 module.
>>>
>>> For example setting module A1 to ON, what command do I send and
>>> what responses should I expect.
>
> Hex bytes when sending A1 ON: Host = PC, Device = CM11A
>
> Host   --> 04 66   (Send address A1)
> Device --> 6a      (Receive checksum of 04 and 66)
> Host   --> 00      (OK, send it out on the power line)
> Device --> 55      (CM11A ready for next command)
> Host   --> 06 62   (Send function A ON)
> Device --> 68      (Receive checksum of 06 and 62)
> Host   --> 00      (OK, send it out on the power line)
> Device --> 55      (CM11A ready for next command)

Forgot to mention: When you first power up the CM11A, it will
continue to poll for a time update by sending the 0xA5 character
to the PC once every second, and will accept no normal commands
until it gets a response.  You can stop this polling by sending
a 0x9B character, whereupon the CM11A will start to accept normal
commands.  (See the protocol document if you actually need to set
the clock in the CM11A.)

Regards,
Charles Sullivan