Re: SDK - WAS: Insteon - watch out for RF interference

That's why we're still on the fence. I think we'll just wait and see what
happens with Insteon and independent developers. Currently it looks pretty
scarey at best.

> The terms "labeled compatible" and "SMARTHOME's sole discretion" would
> worry
> me. I'm sure it would be easy enough to reverse engineer without the SDK
> thus avoiding any contractual limitations but why help a company that's so
> deliberately unhelpful?
>
> Ralph <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Dave Houston wrote:
>>> I haven't found any detailed documentation of the protocol. I presume
>>> you
>>> would get it with the SDK but the agreement for that seemed to violate
>>> the
>>> 13th Amendment's prohibition of involuntary servitude (They can block
>>> you
>>> from selling your developed Insteon device if they wish.) so I opted not