OOPic oDDELink obejct configuration

Greetings, somewhat of a newbie (or n00b if you prefer) around
forums and the like, however I have a fairly pressing question
regarding OOPics in relation to a robotics project I'm doing
for uni (its due in 2 days time!)

I'm implementing a robotics system that uses two separate OOPics,
each of which performs a portion of the processing - a form of
distributed intelligence.  However, my application requires the
OOPics to be able to transfer information between each other, thus
my intended usage of the oDDElink object on the I2C bus.

However in the oDDElink manual entry, you are instructed to set the
master's 'location' property to the 'address' of the slave's
oDDElink object.  My question ... How does one obtain the address
at which the slave's oDDElink object exists?  Or do you just have
to infer it from object sizes and declaration order?

Any help or advice here would be great (particularly if it is returned
fairly promptly, as the deadline looms...).

Thanks,
   Noblepoet.