Re: Using wifi card to operate garage door

ginovives@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hey all!!!
>
> I was wondering if there is any possibility to operate my garage door
> using my laptop (using it's wifi card)

There are many ways to do it. We could be more helpful if we knew what
your goals were. Do you want the lowest cost, build-it-yourself
solution? Or do you want an out-of-the-box solution, even if it's quite
expensive? Do you plan on expanding the control to other areas of the
house?

One way is the Barix Barionet (http://www.smarthome.com/1151.html).
It's close to an out-of-the-box solution. It has a built-in web server
for control; you can connect sensors to it that detect open/close
status, and you can use its outputs to operate the garage door
button(s).

- Mark.