802.11 wireless home security

Hello everybody,

I'd like to know about affordable wireless based security systems
(802.11 standard).

I have an Internet broadband access and a good Linksys AP... yes, yes I
know Linksys has a wireless cammera with special notification system of
motion or sounds sending by e-mail attaching the video.

But as you know, d-link and lynksys systems are very expensive and I
just want some device who detect motion or sound and transmit by
wireless a notification alarm to my e-mail, just that, not video...
jmmmmhmm but don't sound bad if this device send recorded voice from
specific range of time.
Other way is to detect opened main door and transmit it by 802.11 to
the AP and send notification by Internet to my e-mail.

Thanks for any ideas or products.

Emont