Re: Loud Computer Driven Alarm

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:01:49 -0500, jim evans
<jimsTAKEOUTnews2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestions, but my stereo system is two rooms away
>from the PC.  Of course I could snake wires through the attic but I'll
>continue to look for another solution and cool weather -- I'm in
>Houston and the temp in the attic is 130F during the day.
>
>jim

Buy a decent set of amplified PC speakers.  I got a nice set of Cambridge
Soundworks that have 2 cube desktop speakers and a floor subwoofer.  This
was 3 years ago and it was $50 then.  Something similar can only be cheaper
today.  I can crank these up so I can hear them in any room in the house no
sweat.  I think they are rated at something like 100W.