Re: new @ networking

you only need a Ethernet cross cable between both your pc

and enable the internet sharing on your pc connected to the net,this can be
done in XP by going to the advance property of the simulated USB nic of your
ADSL modem and active the sharing option..

when you will do so the nic in you pc connected to the web will get
programmed as a fix ip address of 192.168.0.1 and your pc will become a DHCP
server so you only need to program the pc not connected to the web to accept
dhcp address and everything will start to work..

I highly recommend that you use a firewall on the web connected machine to
protect both of your pc

1119115151.903140.76300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx