Re: X10 signal levels

I have found that when I get less than about 1.5 volts, things get
unreliable.

FYI: APC Powerbars will also drop the volts on outlets that are further
away from the circuit breaker feeding the circuit the APC power bar is
plugged into.

i.e.: breaker--->1stOutletonCircuit--->nextOutletONWall
 	5volts	        |	    2-3v on next oulet

 		   APC Powerbar
 		  4v on APC plugs

Sorry for the crude drawing.

Using the X10pro filters solves the issue:
http://www.x10.com/pro/automation/xppf.htm

JR

> While debugging an X10 problem recently I paid some attention to signal
> levels. I have a Monterey Instruments powerline signal analyzer
> connected to a power strip that has an appliance module. Under some
> conditions, the module will not recognize the X10 command. In practice
> the problematic conditions are when I turn on either some fluorescent
> lights, or a Sony TV. Both reduce the signal level to about .26-.29
> volts, as displayed by the analyzer. I also checked the noise level
> using the analyzer, and it remains low (less than 20mv) all the time.
5~>