Re: Caddx NX-8E - RS232 ASCII Codes

"wkearney99" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:aLWdnRe_D8MvXEPfRVn-sA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Name one such "dealer".  Read the documentation that comes with the alarm
>> equipment you sell (as well as the dealer software).  What does it say??
>> "For use by trained service personnel" (or words to that effect).  I
> suppose
>> you'd advocate DIY'ing elevators if you could manage to sell the parts
>> required...   Do you do your own brake jobs??  Lot's of places sell brake
>> pads and parts online...  some even provide "training over the phone"...
>> Some of us may be qualified enough to do so, but those individuals are
>> few
>> and far between.
>
> Frank, if all you can do is flail with completely irrelevant arguments
> then
> perhaps you should just hang it up.

No problemo.  You'll notice that Bass *still* hasn't posted where I work.
He "says" I work as a "counter clerk" for a "small distributor in
Vancouver".  I've asked (as have others in ASA) what the name of that
"distributor" is, but every time we do, he goes "silent".  If this isn't
proof enough for you then I'm not certain what "standard" applies here.
He's a self-serving, ego-centric, lying bastard (and that's *not* a
flame!!).  It's amazing to me that you tolerate his attitude based on a few
"helpful" posts (that always include some reference to his website).  You
seem to think I have a "personal vendetta" against this man.  I don't.  He
doesn't even know who I am or where I work for pete's sake!!  He hasn't
harmed me either personally or professionally.  He has lied about me, used
innuendo, and posted some rather vile and depraved remarks about me that no
one in their right mind would tolerate.  Yet you have the temerity to
suggest that *I* have no credibility!!

He's completely wrong with respect to the Elk M1XEP module (but won't admit
to it).  Oh...  and anyone can become a Dealer for Elk as long as they
register an initial panel (provide them with a serial number) and submit
relevant contact information (you have to be an alarm company or a company
involved in the low voltage side of the electrical business).

I have no wish to foster any emnity in this Newsgroup.  I am interested in
HA and have learned a lot about Russound and other such products here.  I
will continue to offer advice with respect to security related queries and
issues (it is, after all, my area of expertise).  I will try to avoid
posting comments about Robert, though.  I have no wish to create any
problems here.  I will *not* however ignore libellous or unsubstantiated
comments about me from this man.  If Robert wishes to avoid dragging this
group "down", then he will also make the effort to avoid making posts he
knows I will have no choice but to respond.

By the way, the Elk M-1 Gold will *not* transmit ASCII strings over the
M1XEP.  You cannot "instruct" the panel to do so either.  There is *no*
provision for doing so in programming and certainly none in the software.
This may be something the Elk Engineers may consider adding in the future,
but the present firmware does not allow (or make provision for) it.