Re: Preventing Random X-10 Code interference...

The reason I asked about a coupler is to identify all of the devices that
are capable of PLC transmission (e.g. the coupler/booster in the laundry
room). One Leviton coupler has come to be "a usual suspect" in mystery
events and powerline storms.

Can you tell what time the RF events were logged? This might be a case of
X-10 trying to do a little too much, leading to misinterpretation of RF
collisions which will occur if two or more motion sensors see the same
motion at nearly the same instance in time. Earlier devices (e.g. RR501,
MR26A) would ignore these unless they can discern a valid code (rare) but
the CM15A may be trying to do more.

The prose descriptions read like commands for Ninja camera mounts or for
some more sophisticated camera. Ninja uses a different protocol with a
shorter lead in and with fewer bits. It might be the case that a subset of
bits in a collision between two standard X-10 RF codes could be
misinterpreted.

I've documented the standard RF protocol as well as the Ninja RF protocol at
http://www.mbx-usa.com.