Re: Recomendations wanted for outdoor video camera (make/model) and retailer

"wkearney99" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Wait until the wife's away, though.
> > Freezer experiments (aka "cold soaking") are notoriously unpopular with
> the
> > ladies
>
> Heh, nearly as bad as anything involving a roasting pan or the turkey
> baster...

No doubt.  All kitchen utensils are pretty much off limits to me after the
accidental death of a favored Ginsu-like knife cutting something it *should*
have cut.  Well, I paid for it today!  SWMBO fell in love with a very pricey
piece of real estate.  I saw mostly problems like a below ground oil tank to
feed the oil burner, (OIL BURNER???  I haven't seen an oil burner since
1966!!) an old deck with cupped boards and nails popping, a garage converted
into an office (we need a TWO car garage not a wannabee office!), nasty old
noname wood windows that I bet rattle like hell in a storm, lots of layers
of poorly applied paint, etc, etc.

But there's something she sees that I don't.  It's going to be a fun weekend
deciding whether to make an offer.  We really need a bigger place for the
impending "live ins" from both aging parents and this has got basically a
full duplex setup.  Housing prices in areas like California, DC, NYC and a
number of other places have become sort of obscene.  In those areas what
gets to 2BR and 2BA on a smallish lot buys an estate in most other markets.

What's odd is there's absolutely NO HA technology.  No cable, no satellite
and one phone line.  Plain old snap rocker switches, no intercom, no
security system, no nothing.  As close to Amish country living as you can
get.  I guess that's good because I won't have to waste time ripping out
"undocumented" wiring but the choice of the next great automation system was
greatly accelerated today.  I was kinda hoping ZigBee would be here by the
time I moved.

Did you ever get the bad feeling you were about to hemorrhage money?  I got
a bad feeling about this drop . . .

--
Bobby G.