Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

> For the glass breaks on the HAI System, you could program a number of
> ways. In HAI, you can program a zone for away interior so they are only
> armed when no one is home.  The HAI Firmware does not allow tinkering with
> the security functions...

I've seen it's capabilities.  The HAI system is a far less configurable
security controller than Napco's P9600 or ELK's M1Gold.  It's a decent HA
system and a usable security system but as an alarm it can't compare to the
P9600 or the M1.

> but you could write programs like you both
> describe.  If one zone trips, and a second zone
> trips you could trigger an output to trigger the alarm.  It is more of a
> complicated setup but
> you could accomplish your desired result of
> reducing false alarms in this method...

SIA has a CP-01 standard for false alarm reduction.  The standard is likely
to become a code requirement in many states due to the high incidence of
false alarms from non-compliant systems.  Has HAI implemented the standard?
I was looking this up for someone else and I didn't see the Omni series on
the list.  I've asked ELK the same question and will post the answer when I
receive it.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass