Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

>> Some panels, such as the Napco Gemini series,
>> can be programmed to sound the siren on the
>> first zone tripped but will only send a signal
>> to the monitoring center after a second zone is
>> tripped.
>
> This is along the lines of what I was thinking about.
> I want to be SURE there's an incursion before the
> police are summoned.  To me, at least, that implies
> that more than one type of sensor has been
> activated.

With the Gemini system that's a snap.  You simply select which detectors
will be ANDed and choose (or don't choose) to trigger the siren on the first
AND zone trip.

> I'd like to figure out how to insure my system doesn't
> get triggered by lightning.

I live in south Florida which allegedly gets more lightning per square mile
per year than any other place on earth.  I program glass break zones as
interior followers which avoids the most common source of false alarms --
human activity.  The IntelliSense (now part of Honeywell) detectors I use
only occasionally false if the storm is intense and directly overhead.  With
a panel like the ELK M1Gold there's a way you could configure the glass
breaks to be "lightning proof".  When thunder triggers glass breaks it
usually trips several of them.  Have the glass break zones start a timer.
If any glass break zone is tripped wait 10 seconds before triggering an
alarm.  If a second glass break activates within that time frame, take no
action.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass