Re: Geezer Tracker

> Then, the details would be in interfacing that control panel
> with a cellphone.  That could be gruesome.

Perhaps an LCD with a number selections for a text message sent via
bluetooth or keyboard interface to a cellphone for SMS messsages?  As in,
present a list of messages with one button and then send the selected
message with the second one (or the first one held down 'longer')
Interfacing to cell phones is always going to be a challenge but if you hack
up a bluetooth keyboard and interface a PIC chip it might be do-able.

> I thought of adding an electronic tilt
> indicator, but I think it wouldn't serve any useful purpose in preventing
> tip.

It might be useful as a sign to stop the wheels from moving.  As in, it's
beyond reasonable tilt angles, stop the wheels.  But it'd be hard to do this
without shutting off the wheels when they're NEEDED to get out of a trouble
spot.  Look at how a segway works for ideas on how complex it can be.
Telemetry of where he's located, what the ground conditions are at that
location and how the chair's tilted would certainly be useful.  As in, it's
fine to allow downward tilt because he's wheeling down a paved path at a
controlled speed.  But not fine when it's a flat area or the speed's above
normal, etc.