Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

> You'll find similar figures nearly everywhere
> you look (except from alarm dealers).

I guess that depends on the alarm dealer.  Everyone I've ever discussed it
with agrees that daytime break-ins are the most common.  Most thieves want
to get in and out with your stuff quickly and without confrontation.  Most
homes are unoccupied during the middle of the day on weekdays so that's when
most burglaries occur.

> ... Alarm systems did not phase them because
> they were in and out with time to spare before
> there was any response.

Regardless what some imprisoned thief may have said, the fact is that most
burglars avoid homes with alarms.  There are more homes without alarms than
with them and there's no reason to add to the risk by hitting a house with
an alarm.

> The only thing that deterred them was a dog
> _INSIDE_ the house...

Dogs are indeed a good deterrent, probably even better than alarms.  They
make lots of noise and the thief doesn't know if the dog is going to bite.
OTOH, alarms don't require walking, feeding, veteranarian visits, etc.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics