Re: Multi room speaker configuration

I live in Oregon, US. And yes, the builder will arrange for it. But
then he wanted to know my preference. He will just pre-wire the house.
I need to decide on the speakers and receiever/amplifiers and how to
configure it. I have a home theatre system too but I don't think I want
to put that in the ceiling.
I am thinking of putting my computer in the den with a
amplifier/receiver (? please suggest which one) and then have volume
control in the family room and main suite.
Does this sound good?

What are the good places for buying the speakers? And what kind of
speakers...I can't afford very fancy ones.

Also, please provide me the links of the tutorials.

Thanks.