Re: SwitchLinc Reaction to Power Glitches

> Anyone else been having trouble with Smarthome products being sensitive to
> utility power glitches?

I have two related issues. I have a Keypadlinc (the Softouch one with
the rubber buttons that they don't sell anymore) which wakes up from a
power outage with a seemingly random light pattern. For example, I have
two buttons each in their own "group", which is supposed to make them
lit permanently. After a power outage, they do not always come back on
until the next time you press them or issue their X-10 address. So I
have a power loss detection routine that sends a couple commands to
reset it.

Everything else was working fine until recently, when I had to replace
a Switchlinc. This was my fault; I had a triac switch on my lamp post,
which happens to have an outlet on it that I never use. Well, the other
day some guys doing concrete work in the street decided they'll save
their precious generator fuel and plug their jackhammer into the lamp.
The switch literally melted. Fortunately, it did not affect the other
three Switchlincs ganged with it. I replaced it with the proper relay
switch. This new Switchlinc, while I haven't had much of a chance to
see how it reacts to power loss, definitely is a bit sensitive to other
activity in the adjacent switches--if I'm tapping them a lot, the lamp
switch turns on.

- Mark.