Re: detection of rain and close window

--------------000801090300090208040205

mike wrote:

> paul sam wrote:
>
>> it's very annoying here where i live that there are showers even in a
>> sunny days, i like to open the windows as often as i can but i cannot
>> monitor on rainfall all the time; so i need some automation on it; is
>> there any suggestions ?
>>
>> thanks a lot in advance.

Jim interjected:
I have a similar problem, but rain would be a very occasional
consideration, considering Fresno is to all intents and purposes a
desert as we have less than 11 inches of rain annually (usually).  My
problem is not opening the windows while the outside temperature is
greater than the air conditioned interior air, yet open the windows as
much as possible to get fresh air and reduce AC costs by running my
whole house fans.  Unfortunately in the hottest time of the year this
time when the outside is cooler than the inside occurs very late (or
early in the morning) sometimes as late as 02:00 AM.  I do not care to
stay up until that hour just to open windows that will need to be closed
again at 07:00 in the morning.

> I see this kind of automation question all the time.
> What do people do about safety?
> Keep the window from closing on your cat, your kid, your
> eyeglasses left on the sill??

Mike there are safety devices for garage door systems on all but the
cheapest systems, maybe you should either spend a little more or take a
little more care.

> I once left a can of gasoline too close to the garage door.
> When I closed the door, it knocked the can over.  I'm
> REAL glad I was watching the door close.  And I watch it
> until it's closed and the motor is off, every time.
>
> Some things should NOT be automated.
> mike

See Mike, even you admit (by using that cheap system) any tool is a
useful tool if proper care is taken.

--------------000801090300090208040205

begin:vcard
fn:Jim  Baber
n:Baber;Jim
adr:;;1350 W. Mesa Ave.;Fresno;CA;93711-2008;USA
email;internet:jim@xxxxxxxxx
tel;home:(559)435-9068
tel;cell:(559)905-2204
x-mozilla-html:TRUE