Re: Line Noise Interference Question

A filter designed for X-10's 120kHz should "fix" a signal sucker so I think
you probably have a noise source. The fact that you only have the problem
when the PC is on also points to it being a noise source.

It may be that the frequency of the noise is beyond the bandwidth of the
filter but not beyond the bandwidth of the affected switches. In another
thread, Dan Lanciani has indicated X-10 modules and switches will respond to
and can be "jammed" by frequencies above 200kHz. The filters may not be
designed to block such high frequencies.

Many Digital Volt Meters include a frequency counter function but I don't
know whether they can handle a situation like this where a noise source is
riding on the 60Hz line frequency.