Re: Cheap Ethernet indoor temperature sensor

If you want to ethernet-enable those devices (and know Java) you can use
the Dallas TINI board which has a 1-wire bus and ethernet ability.

http://www.maxim-ic.com/TINIplatform.cfm

But as Steve mentioned setting up a 1-wire network and connecting to an
existing PC is really the easy approach. Here is a open source project
which uses this same system for HVAC zoning control.

http://diy-zoning.sourceforge.net/

-jr