Re: DoorBell Fon and VOIP linksys adapters - can they co-exist?

BruceR:

> I use the DP28CI to provide a contact closure to my Stargate SG-1
> controller. By sensing the closure I can have the SG-1 do just about
> anything, so, in addition to the phones ringing, an X10 chime sounds
> and, if we're not home, an outgoing call can be placed to my cellphone.
> If the doorbell rings at night, all the front exterior lights come on
> for 10 minutes.  I also can use it to tell the camera server to record
> video from the gate camera.

Thanks.  This all makes sense.  While I'm anticipating using the
CharmedQuark components as my starting point, I realize that only
programmers really have the option of taking that approach to the
limit.  But even for those of us who program all day and night, it's
always nice when some desired behavior is already built in.  So one
capability I will be needing is the ability to time events with
resolution smaller than minutes.

Does the SG-1 have the ability to program responses (response delays)
that are specified to the level of seconds instead of just minutes?

For example, when the doorbell rings, I want to wait a varying number
of seconds until the first indoor light goes on, then another varying
interval before an indoor light goes on nearer the door where the
button was pressed.  The idea here is to buy some time while the
DoorbellFon reaches me via VoIP, but it won't be vary convincing if the
time is fixed in integer minutes.