Re: Pre-wired house- Need help with A/V Distribution with CAV6.6

Eric wrote:
> Thanks for your help guys.  I have been doing some research to figure out
> the best workaround for my problem before I decide to dump the CAV.  I am
> learning as I go, so forgive any dumb ideas or questions.
>
> I get the impression that the CAV will work with A-Bus AKP2 keypads, no?
>
> I know that would limit some features, but seems that it could still give me
> choice of 4 sources in 4 zones?  Am I on the right road or am I missing
> something?

You'd be better off turning the CAV back in and obtaining the AH-484.
The AH-484 is a lot cheaper and gives you 4 sources and 4 zones. Simply
daisy chain another AH-484 to get 8 zones. (And you can have up to two
keypads per zone).

> On another angle, I have looked into a few other systems, Sonance, Niles,
> etc. and it appeared some keypads only required 6 wires of the 8 available
> in the Cat 5e.  Is it potentially feasible to use the other 2 to patch the
> the speaker wire down to the media closet?

Absolutely not! It can't handle the current from amplified audio.
There's a reason speaker wire is heavier gauge.