Re: Simple home automation setup

In article <Y9idnXhnGN9tj1TfRVn-tg@xxxxxxx>, ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx says...
>"Andy Simms" <sim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> In any event, I'm glad to have looked into the X10 stuff, but I think it's
>just too complicated
>> for what I was looking for.
>
>The Intermatic really seems to be ideal for the job.  Don't ever lose the
>manual, though!  Programming that sucker looks every bit as complicated as
>X-10!  I'm glad to see they added a latitude adjustment.  I assume you chose
>"North" - eh?

Actually, programming was pretty simple, actually.  It only took me about ten minutes to enter
in the date, time, location (yes, "North"), and an adjustment for the sunset/sunrise times.  The
default sunset/sunrise times were about an hour off, but that's to be expected.  It doesn't get
really dark here until after 10:00pm this time of year (the down side is that in December, it's
pitch black by 5:00pm).

In any event, I highly recommend the Intermatic EJ500 for anybody wanting to automatically turn
on their outside lights when it gets dark, and turn them off at a pre-set time.

-Andy Simms