Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I wonder why HomePlug or similar companies haven't crossed over into the
>realm of HA, given the potential synergy of powerline, PC's and maybe even
>AV all using the same topology.

I suspect it's because they have visions of $$$$ in their heads, thinking
that there will be a bigger market for video streaming, etc. As I understand
it, the HomePlugAV spec was held up by the various players jockeying for
advantage.

I'm surprised that X-10, with their years of experience manufacturing
cheaply in China hasn't done a deal with them or with one of the companies
that lost out in the competition for the initial HomePlug chip. I would
think that a HomePlug compatible Ethernet module that could repeat old style
X-10 over the powerlines would extend their life another decade or so. 3 or
4 such "repeaters" would probably cover most houses for less than the cost
of a coupler.