Re: Elk M1 panel?

"Brett Griffin" <brett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> They will lend you a demo?  I have not heard of that before.  HAI would
give
> demonstrations, in rare cases would we lend products, which basically
meant
> we would not see it again.

Loaner and demo programs *can* be run very efficiently and with little risk.
Apparently your company didn't crack that code.  I've been asked for a
credit card number as ransom in case I did not return the unit (on
occasion), and always have to sign for it, but it's to Elk's great advantage
to convert young Skywalkers to their side of the Force.  I'd just tell them
who you are, where you've been, what you're doing (give them your Web URL)
and that someone suggested you become familiar with them and that they might
have an 90 day evaluation or loaner program.  Promise them a detailed
comparative writeup of the Elk v. HAI.

Many times, after the evaluation period expires, they offer to sell such
units at cost rather than dealing with the return factors of shipping,
insurance, and possible damage to the loaner unit although they may not
offer it upfront, so-to-speak.  It never hurt me to ask.

--
Bobby G.