Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

> You're going to blow my cultivated curmudgeonly image.

No chance of that!  Brett should consider himself lucky to *get* zinged by
you.  :-)  Having one's hair set afire is good practice.  It keeps the t's
crossed and the i's dotted.  I know I check just about everything I post
nowadays in Google because Usenet is not forgiving of misinformation,
accidental or otherwise.  In this case, Brett's enthusiasm is as obvious as
your skepticism.  Those are conditions bound to create a little friction.
I'm sure Brett's going to ask hard questions of his UPB vendors now and
hopefully share what he learns with us.

Your encounter with Brett reminds me of the jail scene from the "Life of
Brian:"

(BRIAN wakes up with a smile on his face to find himself being dragged along
 cell corridor by TWO GUARDS.  The horrible figure of the JAILER spits at
him
 and flings him into a dark damp cell, slamming the iron grate behind him
and
 turning the key hollowly in the lock.  BRIAN slumps to the floor.  A voice
 comes out of the darkness behind him.)
 BEN
     You LUCKY bastard!
 BRIAN
     (spins around and peers into the gloom)
     Who's that?
 BEN
(In the darkness BRIAN just makes out an emaciated figure, suspended on the
 wall, with his feet off the ground, by chains round his wrists.  This is
BEN.)
     You lucky, lucky bastard.
 BRIAN
     What?
 BEN
     (with great bitterness) Proper little gaoler's pet, aren't we?
 BRIAN
     (ruffled) What do you mean?
 BEN
     You must have slipped him a few shekels, eh?
 BRIAN
     Slipped him a few shekels!?  You saw him spit in my face!
 BEN
     Ohh!  What wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face!  I sometimes hang
     awake at nights dreaming of being spat in the face.
 BRIAN
     Well, it's not exactly friendly, is it?  They had me in manacles ...
 BEN
     Manacles!  Oooh.
     (his eyes go quite dreamy)
     My idea of heaven is to be allowed to be put in manacles ... just for a
     few hours.  They must think the sun shines out of your arse, sonny!
 BRIAN
     Listen!  They beat me up before they threw me in here.
 BEN
     Oh yeah?  The only day they don't beat me up is on my birthday.
 BRIAN
     Oh shut up.
 BEN
     Well, your type makes me sick!  You come in here, you get treated like
     Royalty, and everyone outside thinks you're a bloody martyr.
 BRIAN
     Oh, lay off me ... I've had a hard time!
 BEN
     YOU'VE had a hard time!  Listen, sonny!  I've been here five years and
     they only hung me the right way up yesterday!
 BRIAN
     All right!  All right!
 BEN
     I just wish I had half your luck.  They must think you're Lord God
     Almighty!
 BRIAN
     What'll they do to me?
 BEN
     Oh, you'll probably get away with crucifixion.
 BRIAN
     Crucifixion!
 BEN
     Yeah, first offence.
 BRIAN
     Get away with crucifixion!
 BEN
     Best thing the Romans ever did for us.
 BRIAN
     (incredulous)  What?
 BEN
     Oh yeah.  If we didn't have crucifixion this country would be in a
right
     bloody mess I tell you.
 BRIAN
     (who can stand it no longer)  Guard!
 BEN
     Nail 'em up I say!
 BRIAN
     (dragging himself over to the door)  Guard!
 BEN
     Nail some sense into them!
 GUARD
     (looking through the bars)  What do you want?
 BRIAN
     I want to be moved to another cell.
     (GUARD spits in his face.)
 BRIAN
     Oh!  (he recoils in helpless disgust)
 BEN
     Oh ... look at that!  Bloody favouritism!
 GUARD

http://www.textfiles.com/media/SCRIPTS/brian

--
Bobby G.