Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

> I may take you up on that as soon as I get the unit up and running.  It's
> on
> the to-do list.  I'm more of a fan of on-line discussion so that others
> can
> benefit from information.  Is liability that much of an issue?

My only concern is discussing your ideas about how to make the system reduce
false alarms, to the extent you mentioned, as the programming you will want
to do requires programming that, if you dont do it correctly you may have
holes in your security system.  I would prefer that topic to stay between
those who really grasp security and programming, otherwise I would prefer to
not suggest other to make changes to the way HAI has setup the security
system.

Otherwise, the great thing about HAI (and their sister brands Aegis and OnQ
Le Grand) is the ability to self monitor with the system calling you on up
to 8 phone numbers and/or central monitoring.

I am not worried about being sued, but if I discuss this topic in depth, I
would feel terrible if someone who did not grasp security and programming
and tried to change the way HAI does security, and something tragic
happened.

Anything else I would be happy to discuss in the forum, lighting,
temperature, irrigation, or anything else you can dream up...

> I've got Adicon's CPU-XA's and HomeSeer to do most of my automation.  I
> bought the LT to replace a cheap Ademco panel I have now, hoping I can
> reuse
> most of the sensors already in place.  I looked at the II and the Pro II
> but
> that was more money than I wanted to spend on my current house.  If I like
> the LT, I'll certainly consider an upgrade when I move to a larger house.
> I'll definitely do it if I can roll up the things that the CPU-XA does for
> me now.

As you dive into the Omni, you will find out how easy and advanced it is.
While I do not know to what extend you are using the Adicon, the Omni should
be able to handle most everything you are doing with Adicon.  However
anything IR still requires an Ocelot by Adicon.  The Omni LT has a maximum
of 2 serial ports, 16 light addresses, 24 inputs and 10 outputs (12v
triggers).  As you expand and move up, the Pro II has a max of 4 serial
ports, 256 light addresses, 176 inputs/and 136 outputs. Another cool feature
of the Omni is you can mix switch technologies.  I have actually
demonstrated using an  Omni LT, using Radio Ra, and X-10 and ALC (OnQ
hardwired switch) simultaneously, and as the end user you have no clue which
is which but everything works.  On  Pro II, you can mix, UPB, X-10, X-10
Extended, X-10 Compose, Radio Ra, ALC, HAI Lighting Control, and 3 other
lighting technologies via a serial cable, literally all connected to the
same Omni Pro II.  As you dive deeper into the Omni systems, there is not
much you cannot do, and almost nothing you cannot do with third party
products.

> I was asking more about what programs/HW provide the best way of "pushing"
> that sort of content to my cell phone.  I've seen lots of different ways
> of
> sending video from the house to the internet or directly to a cell phone.
> guess what I'd really like is for the DoorFon to be smart enough to call
> me
> when appropriate so I could interact with someone at the front door as if
> were home.  That would be very, very cool.

HAI manufactures a software called weblink. It resides on a PC in the home,
and it is a web server.  It will push status and control to a phone or web
browser.  It will also send video from 1 USB camera, or up to 40 modulated
TV channels(cameras).  However it will only show one camera/channel at any
one time.  The software is a very very basic DVR.  You can write a program
to record 1 channel based on an event in the home.  It is recorded on the
PC's hardrive, so keep that in mind for security.

The doorphone can be connected to the HAI via a door chime interface.  You
than write a program based on the press of the doorbell.  It would require a
program in the omni and a program in the Weblink software.

> I looked around at your site and found the sample training you mentioned
> but
> it was an exe file.  What's in it?  Is it a program, a compressed MPG or
> what?

It is a compressed file made using Macromedia Captivate.  The program
creates the movie and compresses it for sending over the internet.  It is
still 20 mb, it is not a Mpeg, but a proprietary format Macromedia uses.
The cool thing about Captivate it allows me to create interactive trainings.
I basically instruct, and the viewer has to click thru, so far the feedback
is everyone like the interaction with the training.

--
Brett Griffin, Home Technology Consultant

Architechtronics, Inc.
get to know home technologyT
p. (610) 825.7018 f (215) 827.5484

*top 10 reasons to use Architechtronics for your next project
http://www.architechtronics.com/top10.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architechtronics.com/edge.html