Re: Pre-wired house- Need help with A/V Distribution with CAV6.6

Unfortunately, you need a lower end system.  Russound, like many other
Multi-zoned Multi-Source audio distribution systems do require speakers
wires directly to the speakers and cat-5 to the volume controls.

Your home was wired with A-Bus in mind.  Good news is that it is cheaper
than the CAV, bad news it is not a good multisource going to multi zones.
It is really a single source to multi zone, although are working on more
sources...

You need 4 extra conductors ideally 16/14/12 gauge stranded speaker cables,
for the speakers.  If all you have is cat5 between the volume control and
the amp, than what you have with a CAV is a very  expensive paper weight.

You should look for a-Bus system, contact your distributor to see if you can
exchange your CAV.  If not contact me, I have several jobs coming up that I
have a CAV spec'd in, I could help you out, if the distributor will not.

--
Brett Griffin, Technology Consultant
Architechtronics, Inc.

*Home of "fidoh" for HAI/OnQ/Aegis
http://www.architechtronics.com/products_software.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architectronics.com/edge.html