Re: Is there an X10 USB Interface Module

"Techy" <anyone@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:TK4xe.9672$qm.9061@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello,
>
> I currently have a CM11 X10 interface module that uses a serial interface.
> Is there another interface that uses USB......serial ports are going away.
> I don't want to use a USB to serial adapter if possible and would prefer to
> use software other than Smarthome....and especially if it can be controlled
> with Girder.
>
> Hopefully we will finally rid ourselves of having to deal with X10, but it
> isn't here yet....at least at a reasonable price.
>
> Thanks,

It's not easy to find deals with comparable prices to those offered by X10.

ActiveHome Pro Software and USB Computer Interface - 9 piece kit...
Note what you get for $99.99 (free shipping) near the bottom of the page.
If you don't want to use ActiveHome Pro software, use something else.

http://www.x10.com/activehomepro/activehome-pro-starter.html#starterkit