Re: Simple home automation setup

In article <DfKdnbzhCN8uJVnfRVn-rw@xxxxxxx>, ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx says...
>When you say "variable time" what exactly are you thinking off?  Do you want
>to have them come at different times to avoid looking mechanically timed or
>are you concerned with the common problem of summer lites working from a
>winter time schedule and vice-versa?

Both, actually.  As a follow-up, I looked into using X10 equipment, but stumbled upon a timer at
Home Depot that suits my needs perfectly.  It's an Intermatic EJ500 wall-switch timer
(http://www.intermatic.com/images/instruction_sheets/158ej11853.pdf) that automatically adjusts
for changes in sunrise/sunset and can be programmed separately for each day of the week.

For $30CDN, I think this was the simplest way to put the lights on a dusk-to-1am schedule.

-Andy Simms