Re: Pre-wired house- Need help with A/V Distribution with CAV6.6

> The house seems to be wired like this..... In-ceiling speakers go to the
> keypad station on the wall in each zone and then Cat 5E is run from the
> Keypad station to the media closet.  All the coax goes to the Media Closet
> of course.

That's definitely a problem.  For the CAV6.6 you need home run speaker and
video cables.  The wiring you have in place would likely fit an A-BUS
system.  Unless you can run new cables you will not be able to use the
CAV6.6.  If you got the CAV6.6 from my store, give me a call and I'll try to
arrange a replacement (assuming it's still new).

> It appears to me that the CAV needs all the speaker
> wires to go to the media room also.  Is this correct?

Yes.  That is correct.

> Any ideas on how to deal with this or what system I
> should be looking at that has the speaker hook-ups
> at the keypad?

As I mentioned above, you should be able to install an A-BUS system on the
cables you already have.  Call if you need help.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics