Re: Elk M1 panel?

>> I have been watching ELK, but I am waiting to see some more interfaces
>> like touchscreens, and third party support.  I think in another year they
>> are going to be a compelling product.  I got the chance to have a long
>> conversation with the president of Elk back in February at the EHExpo in
>> Florida.  Definitely a company to watch.
>>
>> However, I cannot give you actual experience of the Elk.
>>

> Thanks. I'll take a closer look at the HAI Omni. What I really liked about
> the Elk was the software which I was able to demo programming it. It
> really gave you a good idea of what is possible. I'm sure the same is
> possible with the Omni as well.

Omni offers the software as well.  One difference is the price.  ELK
software is bundled with the system if you buy it online.  HAI charges a
pretty penny for the software.  Also, if you buy HAI Omni be sure that you
order the dealer software.  Their user software is not sufficient to program
the whole system.  It also costs, though not as much as the installer
software.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass