Line Noise Interference Question

I use X-10 controllers all over my house. Please no X-10 tirades here. I
bought a new computer. I am having interference with the signals now to my
X-10 devices. I have installed a line filter from "smarthome" that is
supposed to filter out interference from power supplies. However, it does
not seem to be working. In fact, I must not only shut down the new computer,
but unplug it also in order for it to not interfere. Any one have any
suggestions her. Thanks in advance!

--
Joe