Re: Audrey Battery Solution?

ok, never mind my ignorance - last time I played with power supplies
they were still all transformer based.
I put google to work and couldn't find any mass production DC/DC
converters with dual outputs, but I did find a component that seems
perfect for this application; the Max1630-Max1635 power supply
controllers for notebook computers.

If you can read a datasheet and use a soldering tool, you can build
your own dual output 3.3V/5V DC/DC converter with this:

http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/MAX1630-MAX1635.pdf

Should work very nicely with a 12V battery and will give you safe and
stable output. Use the schematics on page 8 and pick components for a
load current of 3A on page 9.

hope this helps.
Peter