Re: HAI Omni LT

> That's true.  I guess my question is more of "if I spend the money on
> Weblink, will it at least do a credible job of what I need done?  Then I
can
> see if it provides other benefits as well.

It does a great job of giving you remote access, control, and status of
anything hooked up to your Omni system.  If you have a windows based OS,
like Xp, Pocket PC, or Smartphone, you can view and control your home.

> I wonder why?  Did he ever give a reason?

Well discussing with some other insiders, it really came down to it is a
good idea and at some point it would be nice, but Touchscreens,
Lightswitches, and targeting other markets is more important to spend money
on company resources.  BTW, HAI is working on getting out nicer software,
but how long it takes we shall see...

> Sounds interesting.  Keep us filled in.

I will be sending out a press release in the next couple of days.  Unlike
HAI I am trying to keep the cost affordable.  It is planned to be under $30.
The initial release will support Ethernet based devices. Next quarter we
plan to support the serial connection for the Omni Pro, Omni, Omni II, and
the Omni LT.

> Well, hopefully you'll sell some.  Maybe someone here in CHA has DL'ed it
> and looked at it.  I'll try to, when I get a chance.  I don't load any new
> software, as a rule, just to take a look at a product.  I guess Marketing
> 101 really had an effect on me.  "If you make your ad hard to see, you're
> defeating the purpose of advertising."

I am working on integrating it as a web based training.  But that will take
some time, and maybe by mid month you can view the training online.  In the
future products like PC Access it will be more fractional than one big
training.  I like the way other companies have broken it down so each
training is a short  concise step like, setting up names and voices, or
adding phone numbers.  So you don't have to sit thru a long presentation to
get the 30 seconds of instruction you are looking for at that moment.

> Even so, it would be very enlightening
> to thoroughly familiarize yourself with their works.  I learn something
new
> each time I visit.

Thanks for the link, I will definitely takes some notes....

--
Brett Griffin, Technology Consultant
Architechtronics, Inc.

*Home of "fidoh" for HAI/OnQ/Aegis
http://www.architechtronics.com/products_software.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architectronics.com/edge.html