Re: UL in security

> So while working for HAI, when Elk announced the M1, their was a
> discussion
> about Elk not being UL listed for security.
>
> How big of a concern is this?  I would say that I am not aware of any of
> the
> installer I trained, that any of them did UL jobs in residential work.

The UL listing of the ELK-M1 Gold is pending (IOW, it's been submitted).  If
your underwriter insists on a "UL Certificated" (not just listed)
installation the job won't likely include, HAI or ELK at this point.
Certification, unlike a simple listing, includes an official statement by a
UL listed installing dealer that only UL listed components are installed and
that the protection meets UL standards.  Only a tiny fraction of security
systems are UL certificated.  Most of these are banks, jewelers, etc.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics