Re: Computer interface CM12U Relpacement

CM12 is an entry level X10 computer interface. The fact that in your case,
the controller is burning should be investigate. This is not one of the
"common reliability problem" of CM11 or 12 related on this site. I fear that
something in your installation is wrong. Maybe is the interface in a too
warm area (CM12 overheating is well known), or exposed to oversurge.

If you are not afraid of purchasing and using US device (with a 240V, 110V
adaptor and the required transformation to allow X10 signal crossing), the
smarthome product seems to be more reliable than CM12 (this solution will
not operate on triphases installation).
http://www.automatedoutlet.com/product.php?productid=280&cat=20&page=1

A user forum is also available at :

http://forums.accessx10.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=22 (this device is
related at 1132C or CU)

For me, the best affortable choice (but still 5x for expensive than the
CM12), is the Ocelot controller. It's true that you are no more in the entry
level segment. It's a true controller which could be expanded (switch,
input, voice, temperature, serial) and includes conditional macro. Take care
that an additional device should be purchased to interface it with powerline
(XM10U)
More info are available :
http://www.letsautomate.com/10599.cfm?
Since 4 years, I never encountered any reliability issue.

A user forum is also available at :

http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Hope it helps

Thierry