Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

> That powerline communications can be robust is proven by the widespread
> adoption of HomePlug's broadband over powerline. PLC broadband modules are
> retailing in the $20 range. Should someone decide to use HompePlug for
> lights and appliances, it's likely to be "lights out" for PCS and X-10.

It's always amazed me that one protocol powerline could send not only the
information to turn a switch on or off, but a picture of the switch and
video of the room going dark in the time that it takes for another to send
less than a kilobyte of data.

I wonder why HomePlug or similar companies haven't crossed over into the
realm of HA, given the potential synergy of powerline, PC's and maybe even
AV all using the same topology.

--
Bobby G.