Re: Line Noise Interference Question

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I think I'll have to read up on the design of X-10 filters before I
>venture deeper into unknown waters and drown.

[...]

>OK, professor.  I promise to do my homework.  I'll admit I got sidetracked
>by that copper.org detective story.  It's nice to know that even
>professional sparkies often take several tries to get to the root of the
>problem.  It was scary enough to make me wonder whether the person that said
>he saw better work from a DIY than from a licensed electrician was telling
>more truth than hyperbole.   I'll try to stay on point.  I may take a
>screwdriver to my ACT and X-10 filters to see what's inside.  I confess to
>having to actually tinker with something for it to make sense to me.

It's been more than 40 years since I learned electronics and I never really
worked in the field after leaving the Air Force in 1962. I've forgotten most
of what I think (or at least claim) I once knew. I also need to "pull the
wings off", etc. to understand how things work.

There are some really good web sites that help. Don't let the title of this
one scare you away. It is very well organized with short segments and good
illustrations.

     http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14181/index.htm

Chapter 1 covers everything you'll ever need to know (plus a lot you'll
never need to know) on filters.