Re: Simple home automation setup

In article <7eKdnQ9vf4FINlXfRVn-sw@xxxxxxx>, ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx says...
>I'd have to agree, particularly if you didn't have any other use for X-10
>technology in the house.  Wall switch timers sure have come a long way since
>the last time I looked at one!  Thanks for the follow-up lettting us know
>how you solved the problem.

I honestly had no idea that a wall-switch timer that met my requirements even existed - I just
happened upon it while browsing at the local Home Depot.  The timer I found not only
automatically adjusts for changes in sunrise/sunset over the course of the year, it also
automatically adjusts for DST and has a "random" function that shifts the on/off times by up to
twenty minutes to avoid making the lights look 'automated'.

In any event, I'm glad to have looked into the X10 stuff, but I think it's just too complicated
for what I was looking for.