Re: Elk M1 panel?

Yes, I have an Elk M1 installed in our office. It's truely an amazing
panel. I was so impressed with it that I also yanked out a 6 month old
Caddx system out of my house and will be installing an Elk there as
well.

Elk is a wonderful company to deal with. All of their products (except
batteries) also come with a lifetime warranty.

Not only does the software have a great user interface for the
programming, but, it also allows you to do firmware updates to the
hardware components.

I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not an expert at alarm system
installations like some others on this board are. If fact, I never
really got my Caddx system working right. I'm sure it was pilot error
but on many systems you really have to know what you're doing to
install it correctly. With the Elk panel, not only did I get it
installed correctly, but, I never even had to open the manual to do it.
The diagram on the panel itself and the software was all I needed. My
system at the office has 3 motion sensors, 1 door contact, 1 garage
contact, an 8 zone wireless receiver (with added sensors), a siren, a
strobe light, 2 speakers (for audio announcements) and a proximity
reader.

I think it's also really neat that all of the GE Caddx wireless
components will work with the Elk.

As far as touchscreen keypads, Elk is due to release one later this
summer.

With the recent $170 Elk price reduction, I think it's a no brainer.

As you can tell, I really like the Elk panels. If anyone wants to talk
to me about them, please also feel free to call or email me.

Martin Custer
Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.AutomatedOutlet.com
817/539-1705