Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

Robert,

I appreciate your counterpoints in this article.

I have not read that statistic before about more break ins during the day
than at night.  I find that interesting.  I will definitely do some more
research into this and other reports.

As far as your questions regarding the HAI system, I would be pleased to
chat with you offline about ideas and tricks you can do with the HAI system.
I have been challanging the dealers I had trained to come up with a task
that I could not perform with an HAI system and 3rd party products.
Provided those task can be controlled in some way already, for example dont
get silly and ask me to make it rain, but I have thought that one thru, and
depending on your persepctive I could make it happen (hollywood style).

I agree lighting is not the only aspect but this article was written while I
was working for HAI, and the direction was to write an article on ways you
could use lighting to make a home safer at night.

To answer a few of your questions you posed:

1. HAI is defaulted to flash one light in a alarm state.  You can easily
write a 2-3 line program to flash all lights.
2. You can use HAI logic to minimze security concerns like you desire, but
for liability reasons, I can discuss this offline with you. On a side note,
you may need to consider upgrading you panel to the Omni II or Pro II.  The
omni LT has only 100 lines of programming, and it sounds like you are going
to have fun with the programming.  I have an 18 unit job coming up with Omni
LT's if you decided you wish to upgrade, I would be willing to work a deal
for you, if your deistributor does not want ot exchange it for you.
3. Recommendations on the front door cam on a phone.  If i undertsna dthe
questin, I have used both the IPAQ 6315 tmobile phone and more recently the
Motorola MPX 220.  Both are great phones, and will play video from your home
via Weblink.  Personally I like the MPX-220 better, because it is smaller,
but you loose screen size.  It is really a preference issue, however the
IPAQ did not work well with bluetooth, at least mine (circa August 2004).
4. I monitor eight forums to answer questions on HAI products and
programming, when you get closer to programming drop me an email and I will
give you some tips and tricks.  I will also be producing a training on HAI
programming soon as well.

--
Brett Griffin, Home Technology Consultant

Architechtronics, Inc.
get to know home technologyT
p. (610) 825.7018 f (215) 827.5484

*top 10 reasons to use Architechtronics for your next project
http://www.architechtronics.com/top10.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architectronics.com/edge.html