Re: Line Noise Interference Question

The ACT filter he's using is a 30:1 bandstop filter. It blocks the passage
of 29/30 of the signal, preventing it from getting sucked down the drain.
Since only 1/30 of the signal gets through the filter, adding another filter
will only help ACT's bottom line.

OTOH, when the problem is noise, adding a second filter may sometimes be
necessary. It depends on the efficiency of the filter.

It's unfortunate that ACT uses the term "attenuate" in their description of
the filter's action since, in this case, it actually prevents attenuation of
the signal.