Re: detection of rain and close window

Jim,

Here's the URL:
http://www.homecontrols.com/cgi-bin/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/3354/sesent/0
0/Sentry-II-Power-Window-System

The sensor I was talking about is in the picture accompanying the item
description.  It looks a little different than the ten-year-old version that
I am using, and the price seems to have gone up quite a bit, but it seems to
be basically the same gizmo.  If you decide to get one, buy a toothbrush and
a big can of Teflon spray lube.  The windows driven by the device have to be
as clean and friction free as you can make them.  Clear out any dust or
debris on the window's activating arms and around the seal.  Make sure the
all of the window's moving parts are extremely well-lubricated or else the
motor will stall.  It takes a lot of torque to open even a mildly sticking
casement window.

--
Bobby G.

"Jim Baber" <jim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Robert Green wrote:
I'd use the squiggly rain sensors like the one that
came with my power casement window kit.  They can detect single droplets of
water hitting the sensor.  I'll dig it out and get the specifics if the OP's
still interested.

--
Bobby G.
Jim Baber is very interested in what you are talking about in your "power