Re: Coupler-Repeaters: Which is best - hardwired or Plug-in?

Thanks for the input, Bruce.  I might go with the hardwired unit, just
to be sure.

The installation seems simple enough, but I admit some confusion over
connecting the coupler to each "phase" of the service box.  Is this
determined by the two sides/columns of circuit breakers?  In other
words: left side is one phase, and right side the other, so one black
wire gets connected to each side?

I've installed new circuits in the service box, but I'm a bit dense on
the whole phase concept.

Thanks!