Re: Dave Houston....I need your help!

For those interested in an outcome.... I have been using an X10 timer
to control the landscape lights for a week with no reliablity problems.
They have turned on, stayed on, then off when programmed. I have been
using a different house/unit code than the Leviton 6308 photocell, so
it has been completely removed from the equation! SO, the problem lies
with the Leviton 6308! This is the second one I have mounted on the
house, since the first one exhibited the same unreliable issues. It
could be a problem with where it is mounted but there doesn't seem to
be any light/shadow interference. When you trick it (by covering
photocell when light or shining a light on the photocell when dark) it
always sends a strong command, every time. But maybe it does't like the
gradual change of light in combination with where it is mounted, etc.,
and thus, doesn't always send a command. The odds of getting two bad
ones in a row are hard to imagine but who knows! When I google "Leviton
6308", the only complaints are my own! Does anyone want to buy two used
ones?? :)