Re: 2 100amp panel coupler help needed

This is getting beyond my skill level. It's difficult to find adequate
technical documentation on these devices. It looks like Leviton has
discontinued the 4851 and now offers the 6284 which appears to be identical
to the X10Pro PZZ01. The most I can find on any of these is that they block
X10 from entering and leaving and also passively couple up to 3 phases.
Leviton does recommend a coupler/repeater for each panel but whether the
4851 (or PZZ01) may negatively impact the coupler/repeaters is not
addressed. I don't know whether two of them would get into the ping-ponging
that Phil Kingery describes but assume that Leviton would not recommend two
if that were the case. That's why I suggested the forums at
http://www.worthingtonsolutions.com/ and Tom Morgan. They may have seen
similar installations. They can also get assistance from Leviton for complex
cases.

ACT would probably recommend a single CR234 coupler/repeater. I think the
CR134 is for 3 phase systems only so it's not applicable here. I don't know
whether a properly installed 4851 would create problems for their CR234. I
think you need to ask Phil which coupler/repeater and whether or not you
should keep a properly installed 4851.

On holidays I'm an "original intent" kind of guy. Christmas was not a
federal holiday until about 1870. ;)