Re: Need help with PLC noise problems in a Manhattan (New York City) apartment

ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

>I don't believe there is a 6825, but the 6285 (which I think is the one
>being discussed) is very simple.  It has two 1uF capacitors (each with
>a small protective(?) series resistor), one from each line to neutral.

I realized I had transposed the 2 & 8 about a µS after clicking the send
button.

>|The effects of a signal sink are somewhat localized because of
>|the impedance of the wiring itself but I don't quite understand how a 6825
>|can attenuate alien signals without also attenuating legitimate signals
>|trying to go from 2B to 2C.
>
>It can't.

Then if the 6285 really will cause as much trouble for interpanel signals as
it will for alien signals, I don't see any advantage to using them here.