Re: How to best Expand RF Range

The CM15A's RF circuitry is isolated from the mains so it's a fairly simple
matter to replace the antenna if you can solder.

I recommend either a turnstile antenna (requires a matching transformer) or
an eggbeater (requires a short length of 93-ohm coax). I prefer the
eggbeater as it's a bit more efficient and doesn't require a matching
transformer.

There are instructions for adding a connector here...

     http://www.accessx10.com/howto_fconnector_page3.html

I suggest using a 50-ohm coax connector (a better impedance match) rather
than the F-connector shown. You can buy preassembled 50-ohm coax online.

There are instructions for building a turnstile antenna for the MR26A.

     http://www.shed.com/tutor/mr26ant.html

You should also be able to find instructions for building an eggbeater
although I'm not sure there are any specific to the CM15A or MR26A.

Put the antenna in a central location both horizontally and vertically.

Adding a wideband preamp (Ten-Tec 1001) at the antenna will result in an
even bigger range increase.

     http://radio.tentec.com/kits/Accessory